Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Semana 1 at el CCM

Hola everyone

Okay so this has probably been the longest week of my life! They jam pack so much into one day here I didn't even think it was possible. I am so tired all of the time and got to take a nap today so I am super happy!

It turns out that my layover in Atlanta was so no reason because another Hermana in my district went from LAX to Mexico city sooooo I am still a little annoyed with that hahha. 

So I ended up meeting my companera on the layover in Atlanta and her name is Hermana Evenson and she is from Utah. She just turned 19 and just graduated from high school so she is a little homesick. 

We got here and had a bunch of info thrown at us then were shown to our casas. Yes I get to live in a house. Me and my companion share a room with two girls from our district who are companions hermana eldredge from California and Hermana wood from Utah. We all get along well, it is the first week though so knock on wood haha

We met our district which is elders and sisters pput together to learn spanish hahaha
There are eight of us so it is a pretty small district. We met our zone (3 districts put together well that is what ours is haha) and they are seriously awesome and we all have a good time together :)

Basically our days are jam packed with learning spanish and teaching our investigator Jorge. It is kinda difficult because my companion is originally from the ukraine so she has an accent and knows like 4 languages so you would thing spanish would be easy for her but it is wayyyyy harder. So she cant speak to the investigator like at all. I am the one who talks to him and understands him (for the most part) so it is pretty much just me teaching Jorge. FUN. The spanish is coming along slowly but I am kinda remembering things. 

Sundays are the best. Ever. We don't have to speak or hear spanish in anything besides sacrament. We got to hear a super good devotional by Elder Holland about how we should be missionaries all the time. We get a movie night too! We watched the John Tanner story and learned about how we need to fully dedicate ourselves to the Lord. Oh funny story. We have to prepare a talk in Spanish each sunday because they randomly pick people to give talks from our some. So this week it was supposed to be on the power of scriptures. So I get to sacrament on Sunday look at my talk and realized that half way I start talking about prayer instead of scriptures. NICE. Luckily I didn't get called on but guess what the talks are supposed to be on next week? PRAYER!!! WHAT?!?!?! hahaha totally something I would do. 

Sorry this is so short but I am not very good at time management haha
Anyways love you all and have an awesome week!!! 

Hermana Godown 

PS Here are pics of me and my district
my companion is the one with black hair if that makes sense hahah



No comments:

Post a Comment