Monday, May 2, 2016

conversion, pajaritos, and blessings

Hey everyone! 

So this week was pretty crazy! Well it was the last week of the mission for my companion, hermana Love. It is hard to see someone finish the mission. It is a lot of mixed feelings. I am so grateful for the time I have had with hermana Love. She has taught me so much, and really has become one of my greatest friends. 

I will be getting a new companion, hermana Burnham. She is from Colorado. 

Well I will just say that summer is a fun time when everyone leaves haha. This last week we taught Rosario and Raul again. Well I just love teaching them so much. We brought a member who really helped them a lot this last week. We taught about the priesthood, and they LOVED it. Raul even leaned forward in his seat and started paying more attention. So cool. Raul alos let us know that he has a bit of a smoking problem, but he got a blessing after our lesson on the preisthood, and he has gotten down to 1 a day. Wahoooo!!! He said that when he got his blessing that he felt a warm feeling come over him.....ahhhhh 

Last night we had a ward family home evening and we talked about conversion. It was amazing. We have been feeling that there has been a bit of disunion between the ward and the missionaries so we talked about the conversion of Alma the younger and related it to now a days. It is something that really helped the members to remember their own conversion, but also how important it is to share their testimony with others. To prepare for the ward home evening I was reading a couple talks by elder bednar. I learned A LOT! Something that really helps me with the conversion is to know that it isnt a one time thing, but and on going process. Elder bednar talks to us about how our prayers should be a sign of our conversion he says
 "Let me provide an illustration of what I mean and extend to you an invitation. We properly pray for the safety and success of the full-time missionaries throughout the world. And a common element in many of our prayers
is a request that the missionaries will be led to individuals and families who are prepared to receive the message of the Restoration. But ultimately it is my responsibility and your responsibility to find people for the missionaries to teach. Missionaries are full-time teachers; you and I are full-time finders. And you and I as lifelong missionaries should not be praying for the full-time missionaries to do our work!"
I really testify that our desires are a sign of our conversion. We must work everyday to be more converted to Chrsit. 

Love you all and hope you have a great week

Hermana Godown



No comments:

Post a Comment