Monday, May 2, 2016

I stand all amazed.

Hey everyone, 

Well this is my last email as Hermana Godown. It is a very bittersweet moment to be honest. I would just like to thank you all for your love and support in this year and a half. It makes the difference in the life of a missionary.  In this year and a half I have learned and grown so much with the people here in Chile. I have come to know my savior and I have come to know of his love. I am going to be very chilche but only the words of a hymn can explain how I feel. 

1. I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.

At the beginning of this year and a half I wasnt very strong in my testimony of the gospel, but Chrsit still offerred me his love. I quickly understood that the only way I would make it through this year and a half is to learn more about my savior, and understand how to get his help in this work. I learned of his atonement and I testify that it is only through his sacrifice that  we can find peace in this life. I know that the beginning of my mission set the path for the next step. 


2. I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify.

About 6 months into my mission I really apprecaited my knowledge of the atonement. I had a hard sector and I didnt understand how to make the best of a hard situation. I came to learn that the mission was a place to learn about forgiveness. Forgiveness to myself. Forgiveness to my companion. Forgiveness to the people who didnt want to listen. Forgiveness changed me. It changed my attitude, and prepared me to make the best of a bad situation. I testify that it is never to late to ask for forgiveness. It is never too late to change. 

3. I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet.

It is funny how there is the saying that the sun will always shine after rain. The difficult times p`repare us for the best of times. I have had difficult moments, but I know the Lord prepared me for all of the good things that I have recieved. I will constantly praise the Lord for the love he gives me. My mission has shown me that our God is a god of miracles. He loves us so so much. ¨HE constantly protects, guides, and puts miracles in our lives every moment of everyday to show his love. I stand all amazed at the miracles of our God. My mission is an example. 

Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!

I testify of our savior and redeemer Jesus Christ. I testify of his love. I testify that the Church of Jesus Chrsit of Latter day Saints is the only true church on this earth. I testify of the Book of mormon and the miracles it brings if we just read it daily. I testify of the power of covenants. I testify of the love of a heavenly father. I testify of a plan that he has for each and everyone of us. I testify of missionary work. That really the best way to find peace and happiness in this life is through sharing about our savior Jesus Chrsit. 


Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

Hermana Godown


No comments:

Post a Comment