Monday, June 13, 2016

EXAMPLES

Can you believe it?

I cant.

Next week it will be 2 months since I got home from my beloved country of Chile. I am still messing up the English language (ahem.....my spelling is atrocious...thank goodness for auto-correct). I am working. I am also trying to find a balance between everything.

I needed some reflection time this week, so I could not wait for Sunday to come sooner.

In my religion class we read some of Paul's teachings again, and the words literally stood off the page to me. The balance I need. Being an example.

In Philippians 1: 27 we read "Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel". 

Well this is what I needed. The balance between my new life and my mission life. I think as returned missionaries we want to still be missionaries, but also live our lives. I couldn't find the balance between Hermana Godown and Chelsie. 

Something I always told the members when we talked about missionary work on my mission was to just be an example. Through their example they would bring many unto Christ. I now need to do the same. 

It can be a struggle to constantly be looking for ways to share the gospel. Though I have noticed that through my diligent example, God has and will put people in my path so that I may share his message. 

I invite you all to find more ways to be an example. Evaluate where you are now to see what you want to become. 

No comments:

Post a Comment