Monday, July 11, 2016

Our Happiness

SO

in t minus 8 days i will have been home for 3 months. Officially 2 transfers in mission speak. CRAZY.

Life has been good in these 3 months. It is funny because sometimes we think that our progression in the gospel wont be as great when we get home, or our happiness wont be the same......or maybe I just thought that.....awkward......

Well I would like to share something that really helped me. Before I left the field we would talk with members who had served missions and see what life was like for them after the mission. It was an interesting thing to do. My favorite conversation was with a recently returned sister missionary....of course right?

She told me that life after the mission is hard. You feel like

you aren't spiritual enough

you aren't as happy

you aren't as close to the Lord

you aren't always with the spirit


These things are all hard for us r.m.s haha. Really though....

So she said what we have to do is find joy and purpose in all of the things that you do.

Going to work?

Know why.

Going to the gym?

How will that help you or others? (for me it's because I am less of a monster to people haha)

So as I was thinking about this I also found a couple scriptures that I really like.

" And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments." (1 John 2:3)

The best way to find happiness in this life is through knowing our Lord. The only way to do that is by keeping his commandments.

This gospel is simple.

KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.

We can choose this day to have happiness.

Our happiness will depend on our willingness to keep the commandments.

I testify of the joy I feel from keeping the commandments. I know it is the best way to follow the Lord. I am so grateful for the joy I feel from it, and they way we can all feel.

C

P.S. If you want to learn a bit more there is an amazing talk by President Monson that I HIGHLY recommend. Click belowwwww

https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/finding-joy-in-the-journey?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment